Monday, August 12, 2013

Session #4: Preseason Addiction Tweaking

Session #4 Preseason Addiction Tweaking

Outside Cabela's KC, Kansas
Well the past weekend I and my gorgeous lady went to see Chad Belding from "Banded Nation" and the Fowl Life television series.  Cabela's was having a their Waterfowl Classic.  I had a blasted I am sure my lady enjoyed it a little too.  She has been wanting to go duck hunting with me since I meet her, well it looks like she will get too.

I started watching the Fowl Life last season and really enjoyed the down to earth vibe that the show put off.  You watch some of the waterfowl shows and the guys seem to be very full of themselves.  It is almost like they have forgotten where they came from.  Chad in the Fowl Life has not forgotten that at all.  The show is how I try to write this blog.  You get to watch the down time shenanigans and the amazing trigger time that makes the hunts memorable.

Ok, so back to the Waterfowl Classic.  Well first stop was to see Chad and get his autograph, to bad it was not on a check or a contract to join his Banded Nation team, maybe next year.  I got his autograph and his friend's (Luke Hochevar, KC Royals pitcher)  Chatted with him for a brief moment due to a line of people waiting to do the same.  So off we went then meandering around the store.  The store was packed full of decoys.  Decoys were at the front entry way and then down every isle way.




















I stopped by the Patternmaster booth and began chatting with them, bad idea for a broke person to do that.  Well I had been looking at the Code Black choke last year but decided to not buy it at that time.  Well he convinced me to try it out and I put one in my basket.  Sorry for who ever left their basket empty on the floor.  They probably turned around and thought the Cabela's gnome stole it.  Those gnomes are a tricky bread especially on Black Friday with a limited promotion item.

Don't worry I know the package is empty, I had to put it in my gun.

So then I came across the Banded calls display.  Since I am always looking for that easier to blow more realistic call, that I like and I can afford I stopped to look at what they had.  I picked up the Big Bub since I already have the Little Bub.  The call was amazing priced even if it was not on sale it was decently priced.

All last year I had been looking for the duck blind colored face paint from Camo FX.  I bought a black and grey colored version last year and loved it but I lost it some where after the first use.  I finally found the duck blind color and grabbed two for the season.  



Then off to the bargin cave to see what was on sale.  I have found some great deals in that place for duck gear.  Just do me a favor leave some of the good stuff for me.  As I walked by the register and counter I saw some Banded calls sitting there screaming my name to try them out.  A very helpful worker pulled some out for me to try, he even pulled out alcohol swabs.  The worker was so helpful.  I finally settled on a gorgeous orange pearl Mallard Queen call.  I just knew I had to get it and put the Big Bub back on the display.  



Since my lady wanted to hunt with me she needed some waders.  While I had the worker's attention I asked him to help us for some waders.  He helped us search and found a pair of chest waders.  They were Cabela's Northern Flight single strap waders.  The worker said that the waders were discontinued because the camo pattern was out dated and not produced anymore.  I thought to myself holy crap the pattern came out last year or two minimum.  I saw the price and told him that we were looking for a cheaper pair since she was just seeing if she enjoyed waterfowl hunting.  We told him the price we were looking for and he crunched some numbers.  He came back and said he would sell it for the price we wanted.  I screamed "Sold" and startled the worker.  Do not worry there will be a picture of her in them in later posts I am sure of it.

So off we went paid for our booty, wait that is backwards.  Oh well it is our treasure for sure and we can't wait to try it out.  



I couldn't wait to "practice" the call so as my lady drove me around the Legends shopping center.  I blew the call and made shoppers laugh and jump.  I enjoy bringing smiles to peoples faces and this didn't even involve me falling in the water, huge bonus for me.

Well this session has remedied the addiction tweaks for the time being.  Well that and dove season is around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment