Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fowl Mouthed Therapy: "Preliminary Session Notes"

Hello there and well my name is Mike.  I live in central to west central Missouri and I love the waterfowl season.  I am sure you are asking yourself what the heck is this guy rambling about with "Fowl Mouthed Therapy."  Well I am addicted to waterfowl hunting hence the need for therapy and those dirty birds just talk dirty to me with their fowl mouths. I am writing this entry as the season has just finished and the hunts are still so vivid in my memories.  My memories and seeing the birds still flying are teasing me.  It makes me sick and yearn for the day to pull the trigger on those buggers.


As I reminisce on the past season of 2012-2013 I realize that it was a very tough season due to the drought and that I learned many lessons.  I have looked for waterfowl hunting books at every books store I go to but I never find anything other than "How to identifying Waterfowl" books.  These are so important but I want a book on tips and ideas on how to kill more birds.  What good is identifying a bird if I can't even get them to get close enough to shoot.

Smacked in the Fowl Mouth

So I thought to myself it is time to start something and the easiest place to start is a blog.  I will never expect to be a published author or even famous for my writing   I just want to share my addiction for waterfowl hunting and any lessons I learn the hard way.  How boring you say, well to lighten the mood, the blog will be filled with the antics of my buddies and myself.  We tend to have some interesting hunts. Some how I always end up in the water at least once in the season.  I am not even joking about ending up in the water.  Usually I just end up with half my body getting wet but this season was the worst for me.  I fell out of my boat backwards completely in the water, but that is for a later bone chilling blog.

First of 2012-2013 season
Well guess I can give some background about me.  I am in my late 20's and I have been duck hunting for roughly 10 years.  I prefer duck hunting but have started to enjoy goose hunting but have so much to learn on that aspect.  I hope everyone enjoys the blog and gets some kind of tip, idea or even a chuckle out of my poor luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment